No Triumphant Procession

Here's a place for everyone to post ideas for future concepts you want us to create!

No Triumphant Procession

Postby Rammbock on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:57 pm

I recently bought the book No Triumphant Procession - The Forgotten Battles of April 1945 by John Russell. I am in the process of building up a British force for this era based on Milicast, TQD and Revell and Caesar. However, I have found out that there is a need of some figures. Both regular British infantry but especially Royal Marine Commandos, although it is possible to convert the TQD British/Polish airborne figures there is still need of figures with Thompsons and stocking caps or berets. So, I would like to see if there is any interest in such a build.
Last edited by Rammbock on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"War is the father and king of all: some he has made gods, and some men; some slaves and some free." -Heraclitus of Ephesus
Rammbock

Re: No Triumphant Procession

Postby marklev on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 am

I'd certainly be interested in Royal Marine Commando figures that could be used for late war/post war.

Mark Levine
marklev

Postby sculptor on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:12 pm

I have the M28 models of tommy gun (STRAIT GRIP AND PISTOL GRIP) as well as the M1/M1A1 versions you will already have seen on figures. I also have a good a frame Bergan but I am not sure if that would be in use post D-Day.

Regards Tony
Site Administrator
sculptor
Site Admin

Postby Rammbock on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Great! I don't think rucksacks is necessary. By this time of the war light to standard load was the most common when it comes to the gear. I am considering adding a radio operator with radio on his back though. Do you have any Vickers K-guns?

This wartime documentary report gives a good view of what I'm after. Note how many have wrapped their net scarves over their berets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIber1VFkn4&feature=autoshare
"War is the father and king of all: some he has made gods, and some men; some slaves and some free." -Heraclitus of Ephesus
Rammbock

Postby sculptor on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Yep got a k-Gun I did use it on an infantry type figure for either mertello or tqd so it might be worth your while looking for the figure first rather than getting a new one made as it might be what you are looking for.

That fella runing up to his mates at the end is carrying a french berthier carbine isn't he and it looks like one was having a pull through used on it earlier in the film.
Site Administrator
sculptor
Site Admin

Postby Rammbock on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Anyone else with an interest in British late war and perhaps even some Germans in Zeltbahn quarters?
Rammbock

Postby JoeR on Wed May 08, 2013 1:28 am

Would you be ok with Germans in Zeltbahn quarters with jackboots?
JoeR

Postby Rammbock on Thu May 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Definately!
Rammbock

Postby westy38 on Thu May 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi. Westy38 here. I'm also Under Fire Miniatures. I've taken on commissions for third parties before & would be happy to coordinate on this one. To that end what do people have in mind ? Let me know & we can discuss numbers, poses, terms, etc...

Regards,

Bill.

http://www.underfireminiatures.com
Last edited by westy38 on Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westy38

Postby JoeR on Mon May 13, 2013 1:39 am

Hi Bill, I am in for a handful of Germans in Zeltbahn and jackboots.

PS, like the looks of the greatcoat range at Under Fire...

Joe
JoeR

Return to Future Projects